150,000 CAD per annum + 30% Bonus
I am currently representing one of the leading medical device companies in the world. The Business Unit leader of Emergency care will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the selling and marketing related activities for the Emergency Care business throughout Canada.
You will achieve the assigned quota through hiring outstanding people, conveying our valuable proposition, and maximising programs. Candidates for this position must build and shape a strong team while championing the organisations Mission and Values. This individual will serve as a key leader of the Emergency Care team while championing, supporting, and working closely with the Canadian home office, located close to Toronto.
While this role does not require being based in Toronto, Ontario, it’s important to understand that a large portion of time (e.g. >60%) will be spent in Canada and a key responsibility will be overseeing CLT, Business Review, and other key meetings in Hamilton.
• Coach and mentor direct reports and establish development plans to exceed expectations.
• Assess talents and work closely with HR to continuously enhance the productivity and effectiveness of the business unit with respect to people, development, retention, succession planning, and employee engagement.
• Ensure the effective management of employee turnover and engagement of sales and marketing teams.
• Conduct annual performance reviews.
• Execute performance improvement plans when necessary.
• Responsible to live and exemplify Values; Integrity, Accountability, People, and Performance.
Full P&L Responsibility of the Emergency Care business in Canada
• Meet or exceed annual Sales Revenue target as defined in the division budget.
• Achieve/exceed other sales, market share, growth and financial targets as identified.
• Responsible for leading a profitable Business Unit in their respective geographical area The expectation is that BUDs, and sales teams will meet margin expectations by implementing appropriate pricing policies which align with “Sales Revenue Targets” while also meeting margin expectations as defined in the annual budget in cooperation with divisional sales leader and finance team.
• Ensure accurate sales forecasts are delivered monthly.
Prepare and Execute the Launch of new products and technology platforms
• Work with divisional and local marketing and operations teams to establish high impact, on-time, launch plans for new products.
• Accurately predict new product revenue potential and margin impacts.
Focus and Execute on strong sales strategy with sales force
• Develop a strong sales/marketing strategy for the division in local markets.
• Ensure effective territory and budget setting to drive growth for the business unit.
• Establish solid relationships with clients and ensure the solidity of the sales network.
• Develop impactful and coordinated actions aimed at higher customer engagement.
• Drive customer centric continuous improvement.
• Be commercially aware and monitor the market. Gather competitive intelligence on new products, competitive strategies, industry tactics, and opportunities for business growth. Share this data with Marketing, R&D, and/or Business Development organizations to provide insight to strategy, pricing, innovation projects and other business requirements.
• Meet with key clients to assist Sales Reps with maintaining /fostering relationships and negotiating/closing deals.
• Work across divisions to strategize and deliver customer solutions.
• Work closely with other Canada functional leaders and Medical leadership to develop and recommend short- and long-range objectives – consistent with the divisional guidelines – around market strategy, customer intelligence, voice of the customer, product, pricing, business planning, innovation metrics and new product prioritization and launches to gain greater market share/penetration.
• Oversees divestiture and acquisitions analysis and recommends pricing strategies.
• Direct market insight and competitive analysis initiatives including the identification of competitive threats & technologies and creating strategies to defend and grow current business.
• Provide input into sales education, medical education and field support strategy as customer and marketplace, product and service lines evolve.
• Represent at Country symposia, community practice marketing events, and national industry meetings.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
• Strong commercial/financial acumen; including demonstrated record of overachieving organizational goals (e.g., sales quota, growth quota, sales, P&L, engagement)
• Possess ability to identify and hire outstanding talent – must be able to analyze and make decisions regarding personnel.
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills; strong cross-functional influencing skills & teamwork.
• Excellent organizational skills – must be able to routinely make decisions regarding strategy as it pertains to the sales representatives’ territory activity.
Education & Qualifications
• University Degree Required – BS Life/Health sciences, pharmaceutical or business degree desirable. Master of Business an asset.
• Minimum 10 years of solid Medical Device experience and proven sales and marketing leadership.
• Direct selling experience required, preferable in the medical device industry; with a good knowledge of opinion leaders and of the main products and competitors.
Please reach out directly to me at email@example.com
Job Reference: CJMED -BULCAN