Clinical Laboratory Operations Manager
Cartwright James is currently working with a Cancer Diagnostics Laboratory who have a portfolio of innovative technologies and tests.
This company is seeking a Laboratory Operations Manager to provide oversight of laboratories testing throughout Histology, FISH, Flow Cytometry, Molecular Genetics and Hematopathology. The successful individual will be a driven leader with a proven track record of leading CLIA/CAP certified laboratories.
- Overseeing a Laboratory team of 15, with directly 4 directly reporting departmental supervisors.
- Ensuring the continued quality laboratory results throughout all aspects of test performance including pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic testing phases by overseeing and developing SOPs.
- Leading the analysing, interpreting and reporting of patient results while providing technical and clinical support to the Lab.
- Leading the development of Quality Control and Quality Assurance programs to ensure continued Lab Compliance, maintaining all required certifications (CLIA/CAP etc.)
- Contributing to strategic planning, organisation, implementation, monitoring, management and long-term development of company’s products.
- Training responsibilities throughout clinical expertise.
- Experience in managing a Hematopathology Laboratory is essential, with additional experience throughout FISH, Molecular Genetics, Flow Cytometry or Histology preferred.
- >5 years’ experience managing the Clinical Operations of a CLIA/CAP Laboratory.
- ASCP Certification preferred.
- Proven track-record of assuring Regulatory Compliance, with licensing application a bonus throughout CLIA, CAP and NY State regulations.
Cartwright James is a global executive search and selection company based in the UK, providing expert knowledge and bespoke services in the international Chemicals, Medical and Scientific markets. We receive a vast volume of applications for each position, therefore it takes time to assess each candidate. We will be in touch if the candidates experience matches the job requirements.
Job Reference: 310719-LMEL