Director DX Assay Development
Cartwright James has partnered with an innovative diagnostics company that has significantly decreased the time to result for infectious diseases causing hospital infections. The products allows clinicians to see life-saving results in a matter of hours instead of days or week, saving lives across the US. The company has seen large amounts of growth within recent years through the high quality environment within their science and engineering units.
This position reports in to the VP Science & Assay Development, who you will work closely with in the position and have lots of exposure to the rest of the leadership team.
- Oversees and directs all aspects of Product Development R&D activities within infections and antibiotic resistance.
- Ensures robust product design and oversee verification and validation of initial and subsequent design changes.
- Leads and manages scientific, technical and management staff and participates in multifunctional project teams, establishing processes, roles and accountabilities for direct reports, looking to work collaboratively and continually develop the team.
- Continually gaining solid understanding of the customer and customer needs through market research and translating those into compelling product value propositions.
- Represents the R&D team internally and externally with objective advocacy of the program’s potential and transparent disclosure of program risks.
- Evaluates externally developed platforms and chemistries for the purpose of partnerships, acquisitions, etc. Provides such assessments to Executive Leadership.
- Interacts with industrial partners, customers, KOLs, and academia collaborators.
- PhD in Microbiology or other related discipline
- Ten years of R&D industry experience
- Five years of proven experience in an R&D leadership position, having directly developed, driven and maintained high performance teams
- Demonstrated track record of successful product launches delivered on time
Job Reference: CJ-SC-DX-LD