Head of R&D – Immunodiagnostic POC
Cartwright James is currently working with an innovative Point of Care IVD company developing de-novo Immunodiagnostic Solutions. This company is seeking a Head of R&D to drive growth and lead the development of a portfolio of hand-held Immunodiagnostic products for Infectious Disease.
My client is seeking an individual with a proven technical competence in the development of paper-based immunoassays alongside strong leadership experience. The Head of R&D will facilitate the doubling of R&D headcount, driving development towards the commercialisation of POC tests.
- Positioned as the Head of Immunodiagnostics, leading the team towards the commercialisation of disruptive portfolio of tests for a revolutionary Hand-Held Device.
- Leading the growth of an R&D team with the aim to double headcount, including hiring and training responsibilities.
- Overseeing and directing product development to create a pipeline of products, keeping a “pulse” on new technologies, competition, customer needs, etc. to anticipate future new product development needs.
- Accountable for strategic policies, selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Working in line with ISO13485, leading CE-IVD and FDA submissions to achieve product commercialisation.
- SME for POC Immunodiagnostics, maintaining up-to-date expertise specifically related to current products, approaches and regulatory requirements.
- Specific and detailed knowledge of Immunodiagnostics, with Point of Care as a strong preference.
- Successful track-record in the development of Paper-Based Immunoassays, ideally with experience launching to FDA and CE-IVE markets.
- >5 years’ leadership experience.
- PhD in Life Sciences or equivalent preferable, with BSc a necessity.
- Proven knowledge of end-to end product development including feasibility, design, development transfer, support of regulatory and clinical submission process and commercial launch.
Cartwright James is a global executive search and selection company based in the UK, providing expert knowledge and bespoke services in the international Chemicals, Medical and Scientific markets. We receive a vast volume of applications for each position, therefore it takes time to assess each candidate. We will be in touch if the candidates experience matches the job requirements.
Job Reference: EL-281118PC