Sr Product Manager – Imaging / Resection
Oversees activities affecting a product to maximize the effectiveness, results, and market acceptance of the Imaging / Resection products. Plans, organizes, and controls an assigned product line from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- May manage one or more direct reports.
- Participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Manages technical product development, estimates of potential profits, and release to production.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Develops and maintains a prioritized list of customer and market requirements for product.
- Provides financial and technical justification for product selection and definition.
- Prepares product development objectives and schedules for all phases of product development and introduction to market.
- Conducts market research and identifies and tracks market trends in company’s industry.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Participates in key sales situations for the product.
- Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for product line.
- Identifies market potential, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales, introduces market, distribution/channel issues, and manages mature product through phase-out.
- Defines promotional activities, publicizing the product through the press, sales force, and alternate distribution channels.
- Must be willing to work with cadavers.
Education and Experience:
BS degree required; preferably in business or engineering.
5 or more years in product management/engineering and/or marketing experience in surgical orthopedics required.