200,000 - 250,000 USD per annum + +benefits
Cartwright James is currently representing an innovative Spine company, focusing on developing and manufacturing of next-generation spinal implants. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with previous managerial experience in Spine to take the next step in their career and lead a highly technical development team to develop high-quality next-generation implants. The position provides an attractive remuneration package, which can be negotiated depending upon experience.
Responsible for leading the efforts of advanced technology development and product development support functions with minimal supervision. This will include developing resource models, helping with the setting of development commitments and the execution of those commitments.
Work Experience Required:
• 10+ years of R&D experience in the areas of product and technology development, preferably in the Spine or Orthopedic industry.
• Prefer expertise in the function, clinical issues and performance requirements of Spinal implants.
• Demonstrated experience leading complex product development initiatives from concept through release.
• Expertise in the management and refinement of design controls within a regulated industry.
• Demonstrated Leadership Capabilities
• Demonstrated Communication and Relationship Skills with a demonstrated ability to motivate professionals at all levels of the organization.
• Experience managing directors and managers with direct reports. This includes developing, recruiting and team building.
• Demonstrated experience in management of expense budgets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure product and technology superiority relative to all competition in the marketplace.
• Ensure overall quality, safety & efficacy of the output of the NPDP and subsequent product modifications.
• Develop and evolve the organizational architecture to maximize productivity.
• Maximize the connection of the R&D organization to its key partners, QA, Business units, etc.
• Provide direction towards the development and management of department expense budgets and spending such that resources optimally align with the department mission.
• Oversee management of resource planning tools to ensure that only properly resource projects are admitted to the active product development portfolio
• Oversee the product development design standards and practices.
• Work in collaboration with key surgeon consultants to ensure the clinical relevance of the R&D activities.
• Participate with senior management to identify strategic opportunities and product line strategies.
• Manage R&D’s employee development and succession planning activities.
• Coach and counsel direct reports in the development of their teams and own personal development
• Mentor Engineering Leadership team
Job Reference: CJAR0012018