200,000 - 250,000 $ per annum + + benefits
Cartwright James is currently working with an innovative in-vitro Diagnostics company with a successful portfolio of Point of Care Clinical Diagnostic Assays and Multiplex Analysers. With plans to double its R&D headcount, the company is looking for a motivated Vice President of Assay Development to drive growth and lead the development of de-novo Immunoassays.
My client is seeking a strong leader with a proven track record working in an ISO Regulated environment. The Vice President of Assay Development will drive the growth of the R&D team, leading the development of de-novo Nucleic and Immunoassays.
*Develops from feasibility to commercial launch a portfolio of Immunoassays and Nucleic Acid Tests in line with ISO13485 regulations.
*Screens and selects reagents, leading the development of proprietary molecules for pioneering projects.
*Leads the growth of an R&D team, including hiring and training responsibilities.
* Responsible for the timely delivery of end-to-end R&D milestones including successfully taking product through all development phases, clinical trials and commercially launching the assay portfolio.
*Oversees and directs product development to create a pipeline of products, keeping a “pulse” on new technologies, competition, customer needs, etc. to anticipate future new product development needs.
*Engages projects at core team level, managing multiple parallel partnerships and coordinating stakeholders throughout customers, development team and management.
* Applies knowledge gained from outside sources of information (scientific literature, patents, regulatory body websites, industry best practice) to drive innovation, processes and programs.
* Accountable for strategic policies, selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* PhD in relevant scientific area highly preferred.
*Proven knowledge of antibodies and other binding molecules.
*7+ years IVD experience, with thorough industry knowledge and demonstrated product, process, and advanced technical proficiency required.
* Proven experience of building and leading teams including resource planning, recruiting, providing oversight and direction to the team members, coaching and mentoring, performance reviews, and ongoing career development planning.
* Demonstrated ability for application of knowledge towards achieving corporate goals. Awareness of customer’s needs and responsible for fulfilment.
* Ability to be self-driven and lead a cross-functional and interdisciplinary team from the front.
Cartwright James is a global executive search and selection company based in the UK, providing expert knowledge and bespoke services in the international Chemicals, Medical and Scientific markets. We receive a vast volume of applications for each position, therefore it takes time to assess each candidate. We will be in touch if the candidates experience matches the job requirements.
Job Reference: EL-VPRD-161118